The Empathy Network Leadership Cohort is a program created by Dream Corps JUSTICE to train justice-impacted leaders on the tools of grassroots organizing, campaign building, and transformational change.
The program is built on Dream Corps’ record of success developing hundreds of leaders in the criminal justice reform movement to lead historic victories at the local, state, and federal level, including:
- Passing the First Step Act into law
- Reforming women’s prisons across 13 states
- Advancing work to cut incarceration across the country
The Empathy Network Leadership Cohort provides justice-impacted individuals with a 6-month training program geared to develop skills in organizing, legislative and campaign advocacy, and media. The program is run by some of the best advocacy trainers in the country and is designed to empower cohort members to advance solutions that cut incarceration, reimagine justice, and make our communities safer.
Over six months, leaders in each cohort will learn critical skills such as:
- Building an organizing strategy
- Legislative advocacy
- Creating paths of engagement with local, state and federal stakeholders
- Tactics to escalate campaigns over time
- Digital organizing using social media, virtual events, and other online tools
- Graphic design and content calendar building
- Spokesperson and media training
Meet the Inaugural Cohort
Dream Corps is fighting for a society in which there is freedom and dignity for all. But, we can’t do it alone. We invite you to become a partner with us in training and ushering in the new social justice leaders of tomorrow. With your support we can continue the work of bringing people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all.