Position Title: Regional Campaign Manager - Northeast
Reports To: Green For All, Deputy Director
Location: Remote. Must be based in a Northeast State
Green For All (greenforall.org) is seeking a proactive, highly motivated policy advocate, program manager, and coalition-builder for this position. The Regional Campaign Manager will lead Green For All’s carbon pricing and transportation equity work in the region. Our goal is to shift billions of dollars from the extractive economy, into building a more sustainable future for all, by investing in bringing clean energy and good jobs to low-income communities and communities of color. This position requires a person to be based in one of nine Northeast States, and willing to travel frequently throughout the region.
About Green For All:
Green For All is a national nonprofit founded by Van Jones in 2007, and led by Vien Truong. We build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. Our goal is to center people of color in the climate movement to ensure that climate policies prioritize equity and opportunity for those hit first and worst by poverty and pollution. We are working for clean air, good jobs, and strong neighborhoods for all.
Green For All is an initiative of The Dream Corps, a social justice accelerator that helps initiatives grow big enough to impact millions of people. Dream Corps backs three core initiatives that help close prison doors, and open doors of opportunity: #cut50, #YesWeCode, and Green For All. A new initiative, the Love Army, helps bring people together in community to stand with the most vulnerable among us, fighting hate with love and power.
Policy campaign & partnerships management (60%)
- Works collaboratively with local stakeholders and coalitions to develop strategies that advance a clean energy and transportation future that uplifts low-income communities and communities of color.
- Represents Green For All at partnership tables, events, and in the community.
- Cultivates, manages, and maintains strong relationships with grassroots and grasstops leaders of color, environmental and equity groups, labor, elected officials, and partners for climate justice.
- Identifies strategic engagement opportunities where local coalitions and partners would benefit from and appreciate Green For All's value-added national capacity for advancing equitable policy (leveraging its national communications platform and capacity, unique relationships, or other assets)
- Reviews priority legislation, engages local partners, and makes recommendations to Green For All Leadership Team on policy positions.
- Drafts comment letters, talking points, factsheets, and other materials to support and build awareness of the benefits of equitable climate and clean energy solutions.
- Provide in-person and remote trainings, presentations, and briefings on equitable policy solutions, to build the capacity of Green For All members, community leaders, and increase support among policymakers and regulators.
- Be a positive, influential, and trusted ambassador and spokesperson for Green For All with power brokers in state government, in the media, and with community members and leaders.
- Responsible for producing regular updates and reporting on campaigns within the region.
- In crisis and rapid response scenarios (e.g., Flint water crisis, Dakota Access pipeline, Louisiana flooding), provide on-the ground support to local communities.
- Work with community leaders to help elevate their stories to state and national attention, to build broad support for needed solutions.
- Conduct basic documentation of the need for climate justice solutions in low-income communities and communities of color in the region, as well as stories of innovation to support communications (i.e. basic photography, videography, and blog writing or writing for press).
- Monitor local, state, and regional news coverage of climate and clean energy issues to raise opportunities for Green For All to continue building support for equitable solutions in the media.
- Produce regular content (2-3 per month) for the Green For All blog.
- Provide writing support for local leaders to write and place Op-Eds, LTEs, and press materials related to local campaigns, as needed, in coordination with Communications Team.
- Raise content opportunities with Communications Team for amplifying local news and the work of partners on social media, etc.
Fundraising & development (15%)
- Identify program development opportunities to grow our impact and deepen alignment with local, state, regional, and national partners.
- Raise funds to support programmatic work and advance Green For All’s mission, in collaboration with the Deputy Director and Fundraising Team.
- Assist with donor cultivation, as needed.
- Assist with grant-writing and reporting for funding proposals related to your work.
- Expected to support major Dream Corps cross-initiative collaborations and Green For All national campaigns during strategic and major moments.
- Significant travel within the region and occasional travel outside the region is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly within the region
- A positive, can-do attitude and solutions-based orientation
- Familiarity with key energy, climate, and transportation issues facing low-income communities and communities of color
- Ability to analyze policy using a racial and economic justice lens
- Minimum of 5 years community organizing, policy advocacy, and/or program management experience
- Strength in coalition building and managing multiple diverse relationships
- Familiarity with the current political landscape and/or working knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes for advancing policy within the region
- Highly reliable and organized; able to juggle many priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability to work productively independently and in a remote-culture organization
- Solid research and writing skills
- Experience public speaking and as a media spokesperson a plus
- Existing relationships in the region a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Send to: email@example.com
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “GFA Regional Campaign Manager - YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Use your cover letter strategically. Please do not give us the narrative version of your resume. We can get that from your resume. Your cover letter is your opportunity to tell us something your resume doesn't tell us. For example, what motivates you to do this work, what your key strengths are, how this position fits with your personal and professional career objectives, etc. You get the idea.
Incomplete applications and submissions that do not follow these guidelines, will not be considered. We provide these in order to be transparent about what we are looking for and give applicants an equal opportunity to submit a competitive application.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For the strongest chance to be considered, we provide an application deadline of June 11th.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.
Health benefits and 401k available. Additional flex spending programs for health and dependent care available. Paid vacation and sick days. Paid holidays. Work from home.