We’re fighting for common-ground, common-sense solutions that those on the right and left can get behind.
But partisan differences in Congress have been a major barrier to passing federal policy that can put Americans to work building a more sustainable future. To recover from the triple crisis of poverty, pollution, and the global COVID-19 pandemic, we need both sides of the aisle working towards solutions. The common pain of struggling Americans in red states and blue states is our common purpose.
Common Ground Equals Common Sense on Green Jobs, Better Homes, and Safer Communities.
We have the solutions.
Now we need Congress to act.
Sign onto the Common Ground Policy Platform
This platform emerged from listening sessions with people from both sides of our political divide, including advocates and policy experts from rural and low-income neighborhoods.
Turns out, Americans have more in common than we think.
Our plan will create jobs, save money, make us healthier, increase energy independence,
and tackle climate change:
1. Save Money on Energy: Weatherize and solarize homes, schools, and businesses.
2. Clean The Air: Deploy zero-emission school and transit buses, electrify ports, and add EV charging stations at public and non-profit gathering places.
3. Cool Off: Plant trees and conserve forests.
4. Expand Public Transit: Invest in more convenient and frequent service to increase low-emission transportation choices and better access to jobs and services.
5. Support sustainable and regenerative agriculture: Reward farmers for long-term emissions reductions and sustainable farming practices.
How we’ll get it done:
- Let local communities lead
- Train the workforce for 21st Century green jobs
- Unleash talent and innovation from the bottom up
- Hold utilities and government accountable
- Remove barriers to clean energy deployment
Who supports the platform?
The Common Ground Platform is endorsed by organizations and advocacy groups spanning the American political and ideological spectrum. Together, the Common Ground on Climate Platform shows that climate policy can happen now.
If your organization is interested in endorsing the Common Ground platform, click here.
For press inquiries, email [email protected].
Our Past Actions
Common Ground on Climate Bipartisan Summit at the 2021 Global Energy Forum
On January 22, 2021, we co-hosted a bipartisan discussion on common-sense solutions that address the triple crises of COVID-19, job loss, and climate change. We brought together unlikely allies to find common ground on climate alongside conservative-leaning groups like American Conservation Coalition (ACC), Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) Forum, in addition to the nonpartisan Atlantic Council.
Leaders from both sides of the aisle took a fresh look at policy options that we can act on quickly to put Americans back to work, strengthen the economy, and address climate change all at the same time.
- Van Jones, Founder of Dream Corps Green For All & CNN Political commentator
- Kelly Ayotte, Former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
- U.S. Senator Chris Coons (D-DE)
- U.S. Rep. Donald McEachin (D, V-4)
- U.S. Rep. Darin LaHood (R, IL-18)
- U.S Rep. John R. Curtis (R, UT-3)
Sign up to join our Common Ground campaign!