Grants Manager, Dream Corps
Reports to: Development Director
Location: Oakland, CA
Hours: 40 Hours/Week; Exempt
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
The job of Grants Manager will coordinate and oversee the grant application and management process including: identification of potential new funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs and/or services, writing grants, developing budgets, and processing, monitoring and coordinating required report evaluations on existing grants.
Grant Writing (50%)
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate alignment for new funding opportunities
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Develop grant work plans and timelines as well as providing summaries of proposal opportunities as necessary
- Collaborate with staff to develop nuanced and accurate narratives for foundation proposals and reports
Grant Management (50%)
- Develop and manage the foundation budget as part of the overall institutional budget, monitor and approve monthly expenses, develop and execute annual work plan, forecast revenue and expenses and prepare other reports as requested by management.
- Provide and support stewardship of foundation donors
- Make appointments for and draft materials for National Directors and CEO as it relates to foundation donors
- Maintain current records in Salesforce database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Adhere to timely responses to prospective donor inquiries and acknowledgement of gifts, leading to overall effective donor management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of grants management or other administrative experience
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with people and synthesize diverse sets of institutional perspectives into a concise report.
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and independent
- Demonstrated success in relationship management and the ability to increase a donor or client base.
- Proven ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork and excellence.
- Demonstrated success developing successful partnerships and revenue opportunities with foundations.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
To Apply: Submit a resume and entertaining cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Manager” in the subject line. Your cover letter must address the following: 1) Your experience and how it translates to this job, 2) Why do you want this particular job? and 3) Why do you want to work for Dream Corps? Applications without a cover letter will not be read.
This position is based in the Bay Area. Salary is competitive and standard benefits are provided.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.