Reports to: CEO
Location: Oakland Office
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to Vien Truong, CEO of The Dream Corps. A successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible, adaptable in a fast-paced environment, has a high degree of discretion, excellent written and verbal communication skills in a remote culture, and is sociable.
Manage the CEO's time well
- Receive incoming scheduling and booking requests, conduct preliminary research to evaluate opportunities, and make recommendations based on priorities.
- Manage daily schedule, adjusting appointments and logistics as needed.
- Assist with background research and preparing materials in advance of key meetings and events.
- Coordinate and book all travel arrangements for the CEO (car services, hotel, flights, etc.).
- Assist with other administrative procedures such as processing expense reimbursements, vendor payments, etc.
- Act as a key liaison pertaining to the CEO’s time, availability, and priorities internally with staff.
- Prepare meeting rooms and technology in advance, to ensure a smooth internal and external meetings.
- Partner with the initiative Director's to stay abreast of program priorities.
Conduct research and prepare materials
- Conduct background research before major events and prepare briefing memos (audience, key attendees, purpose, goals).
- Partner with initiative directors and deputy directors to gather information needed by the CEO, to inform strategy development and execution.
- Staff CEO at meetings and events (tracking notes, contacts, and follow up), when requested.
- Assist with preparation of materials for grant reports, funding proposals, annual reports, etc. when requested.
Support brand & communications
- Coordinate with event hosts to secure photos and video footage from CEO's speaking engagements and other events. Work with the Communications Team to disseminate content and help manage CEO's brand.
- Staff CEO at events, as needed, to capture video footage, photos, etc.
Other administrative support
- Help manage contacts in Salesforce database, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- Enjoy being part of a smart, fun, and driven team of climate fighters and social justice warriors;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills;
- Provide the team, clients, and partners with professional and personable service in all interactions.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and has ability to operate independently;
- Adaptable with a proactive approach to work.
- An ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines with minimum supervision using initiative, judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all cultures, ages, races, and professional industries, both verbally and in writing.
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize workload with impeccable attention to detail
- Work effectively as part of a high-performing team under tight deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, smart phones, Gmail, Google apps, and integration across mobile and desktop platforms a must.
- Experience with NationBuilder, Salesforce, Box, Slack, Asana and other databases a plus.
This position is based in Oakland, CA. Salary is competitive and standard benefits are provided.
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put "Executive Assistant - YOUR NAME" in the subject line. Do not give us the narrative version of your resume in the cover letter. Use the cover letter to tell us more about who you are -- for example, what motivates you, what unique skills or strengths you bring to the position, and why this position or organization is a fit for your personal or professional goals. Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be read.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.