Digital Engagement and Development Internship
Reports to: Communications Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary Range: $15/hour
Time: 20 hours a week, three days per week, four week duration (some flexibility)
Start Date: July 8th
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to high school and college students of any discipline as well as anyone else who would like to apply.
Dream Corps - a bridge-building and solutions-oriented organization - was founded in 2015 based on a simple but powerful idea: we can reshape “what’s possible” in the fields of social justice by focusing on solutions — not silos. The social change space is dominated by single-issue or single-constituency organizations. This arrangement has made it easier to accomplish certain goals in the short term. But in the long term, we recognized that no single issue can be comprehensively resolved without addressing interrelated challenges. And no single community can achieve meaningful, lasting change without building broad, strong, and supportive alliances.
A four week summer internship program in Oakland with the Dream Corps, a social justice nonprofit. You might be a good fit for this internship if you love all aspects of social content -- being at the event, making the photo or video, crafting the caption, ensuring the link logistics, and potentially even running the approval processes. You’ll learn how to write for “the internet” and how to write quality content. You’ll learn your way around a content management system and database(s). You’ll even learn a bit about the art of grantwriting and donor engagement (read: how to raise money). By the end, you’ll enjoy long-form content but have a healthy respect for a good one-liner RT, too. And you’ll be able to rewrite the next paragraph for a diverse set of audiences.
- Create original posts and content for the social media accounts of Van Jones, Dream Corps and our programs. This includes expanding our online presence to new networks.
- Amplify messages of our partners.
- Monitor our celebrity and influencer accounts for engagement opportunities
- Join the committee working on Dream Corps’ 5-year anniversary celebration
- Recruit and track new prospects, members, and donors to the Dream Corps and our programs
Development and Fundraising
- Assist development department as needed in grants editing, funder research, and data entry
- Other - Office Administration and clerical work as needed. If you’re going to pass the “most significant criminal justice reform in a generation”, it takes a team willing to get the job done.
Extra support you will receive from the Dream Corps:
- One group mentorship call with Van Jones, Founder & Board Member
- One mentorship talk with Vien Truong, Dream Corps President
- Trainings in nonprofit administration
- Brown Bag lunches with community leaders
- Opportunities for networking and career advice
To Apply: Please fill out this form and let us know why you want to come work with us.