Position Title: Director of District Partnership, #YesWeCode
Reports to: #YesWeCode, National Director
Status: Fulltime, exempt
Start Date : Negotiable ideal start date is May 16, 2016
Location: Headquarter office in Oakland, CA
#YesWeCode an initiative of The Dream Corps is a national initiative with a vision to help
connect 100,000 low-opportunity youth to high paying tech careers, with a focus on software
development. We accomplish this through our #YesWeCode national scholarship fund and
through technical assistance to school districts, postsecondary training providers, and tech
#YesWeCode’s Director of District Partnership will be responsible for launching and leading the
organization’s key K12 education initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
Program Planning, Execution, and Translation
● Intern Program: Launch and manage #YesWeCode’s High School Internship pilot to demonstrate how to facilitate student to tech industry connections. Reflect upon our pilot and transition ownership to a partner institution(s).
● Dual Enrollment: Build out dual enrollment offerings by developing expertise in connecting schools to community college partners.
● Coding Catalysts: Lead short term activities that catalyze interest in computer science for local youth.
● Manage Execution of Career Pathways Trust 2 (CPT2) Grant: Provide technical assistance to recipients of CPT2 resources interested in building out computer science and/or tech offerings for their youth.
● Consultancy for Computer Science Education: Develop model for providing technical assistance to schools that are integrating computer science into their programmatic offering.
● Network Collaboration: Explore partnership with partner districts and groups, such as San Francisco Unified School District and the San Francisco Foundation’s “Oakland Codes” Cohort. Determine how best to work in coalition to build pathways of opportunity to careers in technology.
● Events: Support and/or facilitate events that convene major stakeholders and catalyze the growth of computer science education.
Dream Corps Team Leadership
● Coding Corps: Provide secondary support for #YesWeCode’s Coding Corps, a multi month apprenticeship program for high school graduates to develop proficiency as software engineers.
● Dream Corps Community: Support intra initiative efforts in unison with #cut50 and Green For All, partner efforts of The Dream Corps.
● Minimum 6-8 years of professional experience in related field
● Proven leader in creating and leading youth programming focused on STEM, with an emphasis on computer science and coding
● Demonstrated skills of working across networks, organizations, and lines of difference
● Knowledge of and experience working in the computer science arena
● Experience engaging media effectively around social justice issues
● Experience with program development, implementation, and assessment
● Experience creating and working in successful organizational partnerships
● Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
● Quick, creative, entrepreneurial, and flexible, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and opportunities
● Strong strategic thinker who is also organized and detail oriented
● Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
● Facility with budgets, monitoring and evaluation, and the creation of systems
● Strong work ethic and ability to work hard and effectively in a fast paced new endeavor
● Ability to work independently, while simultaneously acting as a leader and participant in complex collaborative processes
● Flexible work style and interest in being part of a dynamic, evolving team and organization
● Strong background in social and economic justice and equity
Dream Corps provides salary and benefits that are competitive for similar positions in this
Please submit a cover letter that speaks to the key responsibilities named in this job description,
as well as a resume, to Tony Emerson at tony@DreamCorps.us. Please feature in the subject
line “#YesWeCode: Director of District Partnership YOUR NAME”.
We will accept applications until the position is filled.
We respectfully request that all communication be made via email, not by phone.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.