As Congress builds the next COVID-19 relief stimulus package, we must ensure that the communities hit first and worst by this crisis are not last in line to benefit from any relief packages.
We’re fighting to ensure that these communities are not left out of the next stimulus package: people who are incarcerated or living with a record, people without access to high-speed broadband or devices for remote learning and work, and people who rely on public transit, and the critical workers who keep busses and trains running.
That’s why we’re advocating for:
- Safely releasing people from prisons and jails
- Treatment and testing for COVID in correctional facilities
- Robust support for reentry, including access to PPP loans for formerly incarcerated small business owners
- Consistent and safe access to public transit for essential workers
- Expanded broadband internet access for remote learners & workers
- A moratorium on evictions and utility shutoffs
- Action to protect and preserve the right to vote
- Continued financial relief for low & moderate-income households
You can help by calling on your members of Congress to bring the voices of these groups to the negotiating table.