#GreenForAll Campaign Manager, Clean Transportation
Reports to: Green For All National Director
Location: Oakland, CA; or Remote
Hours: 40 Hours/Week; Exempt
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, Green For All, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
About Green For All
Green For All was founded by CNN political commentator and former Obama White House advisor, Van Jones. Van started Green For All in 2007, to build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. Today, we do just that - through smart climate and clean energy policies that build green infrastructure, create green jobs, and improve health conditions for low-income communities and communities of color. We use strategic communications, distributed organizing, coalition-building, and partner and influencer engagement, to build public support for the solutions we need most.
Green For All is seeking an experienced policy advocate and campaign manager to advance equitable clean transportation solutions in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region. The Campaign Manager will convene and coordinate with community-based partners across the region, elevate the needs of low-income communities and communities of color in regional policy discussions, and help shape a regional clean transportation policy. This person is tasked with keeping a pulse on campaign developments across a multi-state region; conducting issue briefings and community outreach; representing Green For All in a variety of spaces; and executing strategies that support our local partners and build broad public support for equitable clean transportation solutions.
A successful candidate will having working knowledge of clean transportation issues, and have a good understanding of the policy and regulatory landscape for affecting change in the Northeast. They will also be highly skilled at managing partnerships, working in coalition with diverse stakeholder groups, and shaping policy through a racial and economic justice lens. This is a huge opportunity for a go-getter to make a real impact in accelerating the green economy, and improving health and mobility access for underserved communities.
- Track clean transportation policy developments across the region, monitor news media coverage, and stay abreast of latest research/reports related to these issues.
- Collaborate with National Director to develop and execute strategies and tactics that uplift clean transportation solutions for low-income communities and communities of color.
- Convene and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders and community partners to help shape state and regional clean transportation policies.
- Provide in-person and remote trainings, presentations, and issue briefings to a variety of audiences (e.g., policymakers, regulators, business leaders, community leaders).
- Conduct community outreach and provide engagement support in the region.
- Create content and contribute to Green For All’s communications strategies that build broad public support for equitable clean transportation solutions (i.e. Op-Eds, talking points, issue briefs, etc).
- Represent Green For All in testifying before regulatory and legislative bodies, as needed.
- Serve as a media spokesperson, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Significant travel required across the region, with occasional travel to D.C. and California.
- B.A. required; Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years policy experience, with issue expertise in clean transportation or carbon pricing
- Strong coalition-building experience and experience working with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to analyze complex policy issues, with a racial and economic justice lens, and communicate it clearly for different audiences
- Solutions-oriented problem-solver with working knowledge of legislative, regulatory, and political systems
- Skill in policy advocacy
- Strong research and writing skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Highly reliable and organized; able to juggle many priorities and manage time effectively in a remote setting
- Experience in public speaking or as a media spokesperson a plus
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “GFA Campaign Manager - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.