Position Title: State Campaigns Manager
Reports To: Green For All, Director of Field Strategy
Location: Remote. This position may be based anywhere in the continental U.S.
Green For All is seeking a proactive, highly motivated campaigner and coalition-builder for the State Campaigns Manager position. This person will be responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with leaders of color, grassroots, and community-based organizations to advance equity in Clean Power Plan state implementation plans, and to uplift the voice and experience of underserved communities on the frontlines of the climate crisis to advance Green For All's national, state, and local campaigns. This position requires significant travel within the United States.
About Green For All:
Green For All (www.greenforall.org) is a national nonprofit working to build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. Our goal is to uplift the voice and experience of people of color in the climate movement to ensure that climate policies prioritize equity and opportunity for those hit first and worst by climate change and pollution. We are working for clean air, good jobs, and strong neighborhoods for all -- starting with those at the frontlines of pollution and poverty. Founded by Van Jones in 2007, Green For All is an initiative of The Dream Corps, a social justice accelerator that helps initiatives grow big enough to impact millions of people.
State-based campaign management
- Cultivate and manage relationships with grassroots and grasstops leaders of color, and state-based coalitions for climate justice.
- Help coalitions to develop local strategies that advance Green For All's policy agenda.
- Be a positive, influential, and trusted ambassador and spokesperson for Green For All with power brokers in state government, in the media, and with community members and leaders
- Identify opportunities for Green For All to lend strategic support to advance our shared policy priorities and ability to win in key states.
- Manage relationships with partners to help craft content for media distribution (e.g. local stories, Op-Eds, etc.) that help popularize Green For All's policy priorities politically through local and regional media by localizing the issue.
- Manage new contacts, communications, and reporting for the campaign in your target areas.
Capacity building and mobilizing leaders for action
- Provide in-person and remote trainings and presentations to build the capacity of community-based leaders and anchor organizations to be effective advocates for climate issues.
- Develop talking points and other useful tools to be a resource for advancing Green For All's policy priorities.
- Organize community leaders and state influencers to sign a pledge to put Frontlines First and help cultivate them to take specific meaningful actions to support Green For All's campaigns.
Solidarity & spot-lighting
- In crisis and rapid response scenarios (e.g., Flint water crisis, Dakota Access pipeline, Louisiana flooding), provide on-the ground support to local communities.
- Conduct on the ground skills training, interviewing and reporting to help amplify the voice and experience of what's happening on the ground in order to garner broader support for the community.
- Basic photography, videography, and writing of stories of injustice and opportunity in impacted communities of color. (Note: Professional journalism, photography, videography skills not required.)
- Significant travel required (50% or more) to support Green For All's work in states.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- Minimum 5 years community organizing experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and advance issue-based campaigns
- Skill in political lobbying and/or policy advocacy
- Strength in coalition building and managing multiple diverse relationships
- Highly reliable and organized; able to juggle many priorities and manage time effectively
- Experience public speaking and as a media spokesperson a plus
- Strong campaign writing skills
- Ability to work productively independently and remotely
- Videography and photography skills a plus
- Journalism / reporting skills a plus
- Spanish language fluency a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put "GFA State Campaigns Manager - YOUR NAME" in the subject line. Please include salary history.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.