Reports to: National Director, Green For All
Status: Full-time, exempt
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Oakland Office
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for three world-changing initiatives - #cut50, #YesWeCode, and Green For All. We are working to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity -- into a new, green economy. We link economic, environmental and criminal justice innovators – inside a single organization. Then we supercharge their strategies with world-class partnerships, smart digital tools and national media access.
The Green For All initiative is dedicated to building an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. We work to ensure that people of color have a place and a voice in the climate movement, that our neighborhoods are strong, resilient, and healthy, and that as the clean energy economy grows, it brings jobs and opportunity to our communities.
The Campaign Director will be responsible for creating and implementing activities that further the mission, goals, and strategic objectives of Green For All. Specifically, the Campaign Director will help design and execute strategies that win state and federal climate policies that deliver work, wealth, and health to low-income communities and communities of color
Successful candidates will be values driven, self-motivated, detail oriented, resourceful, and have experience in policy analysis, communications, and advocacy. They will be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability to shifting priorities. They will have a keen sense of urgency and a commitment to excellence.
- Lead campaigns and projects under supervision of National Director. Key activities may include legislative and agency advocacy, constituency engagement, and communications with an emphasis on building support from growing demographic groups, going beyond the traditional environmental base, and supporting new political champions.
- Engage and develop advocacy on energy, climate, and environmental matters, through lobbying, research support, testifying at hearings, and other activities as needed. Key project may include leading an existing campaign or to develop a new campaign.
- Produce top-quality written materials for a variety of audiences, including media/communications and research reports.
- Collaborate with our partners nationally to engage in the process of developing state implementation plans for President Obama’s Clean Power Plan.
- Identify, research, and publish best practices and model programs from states on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and carbon pricing
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and networks, coalitions, and organizations
- Help identify and recruit participants for national campaign
- Organize and facilitate (virtual and in-person) trainings & convenings, including recruitment of presenters and participants, logistics, agendas, and materials development.
- In coordination with the National Director, maintain annual budgets and expense tracking procedures for relevant programs and projects.
- Coordinate with other Green For All staff to ensure that engagement programs are complementing and supporting other strategic objectives of Green For All.
- Collaborate with National Director and communications staff in media and communications efforts
- Draft communications including email, social media and blogs as needed.
- Engage interns and volunteers as necessary.
- Support in developing and submitting proposals to assure continued, expanded and/or additional funding as well initiate new funding.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, plus 6 years of relevant issue experience
- Capacity to manage short-term and long-term deadlines in a faced paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to Green For All’s mission and values
- Knowledge and experience with issue campaigns, including strategy, advocacy, andorganizing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to synthesizeinformation from multiple sources into a coherent strategy, translate the broad vision into a workable plan, and implementing plan.
- Track record of achieving results through influence and collaboration by building coalitions and working with a broad array of constituency groups such as business, labor, and communities of color.
- Familiarity with clean energy and climate issues.
- Strong writing and speaking skills, ability to present complex information in a meaningful way.
- Experience with the Clean Power Plan a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
This position is based in Oakland, CA. Salary is competitive and standard benefits are provided. The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Email resume, a cover letter, and recent salaries to email@example.com Include “Campaign Director – (your name)” in subject line. Applications without a cover letter relevant to this position will not be read.